Your iOS device has a lot of history regarding whatever you do in your web browser. This is to make things simpler for you, like tracking down a site you have to go through or searching a call you missed. If you are worried that someone will see your browsing history that they should not, you can delete the history for different services on your iOS, or clear everything completely.
There are three methods of clearing history on an iPhone:
- Browsing History in Safari
- Go to the Settings applications.
You will delete your browsing history from the setting applications, but not from the app like Safari. You can clear your browsing history in Safari, and this will not delete any details or cookies. Deleting your browsing history by the Setting application, this will show that all the things are removed.
- Go down and click “Safari.”
You will get this in the fifth group of options. Go down in the Safari menu list and click “Clear History and Site Data”. A display will ask to verify.
- If this tab is converted into a grey tab, you need to turn off site restrictions.
Go back to the Settings menu list and choose “Restrictions. Type your restrictions password then click “Websites.” Choose “All the Websites” to permit deleting history. Whether you don’t have a restrictions password, you are not able to delete the history.
- Verify that you wish to clear the history.
In the Safari browsing history, cache, autofill, and cookies will be removed. It will clear all the browsing history on any of the other devices you are login into with your iCloud account.
- Browsing History in Chrome
- Go to the Chrome application.
In your iOS, if you use Chrome, you can remove the browsing history with the help of the Chrome.
- Press the Menu tab and choose “Settings.”
You have to go down to check it.
- Click the “Privacy” option.
New lists will come with different reset options.
- Press “Clear Browsing History” to delete your history.
You will have to verify that you wish to clear it.
- Click “Clear All” to remove all of your browsing data.
This will delete your history, cache, website data, and cookies.
- Press “Clear Saved Autofill Form Data” to delete autofill details.
This will remove all the suggestions that come when you choose text fields.
- History of calls
- Go to the calling application.
You can remove your history so that not a single call comes on the recent list of called contacts.
- Click the “Recent” button.
You will get a list of recent calls that you have made and received.
- Press “Edit” in the top of the screen.
Red minus signs will come on the next to every call in the menu.
- Press a red minus to clear a single entry.
Pressing the minus sign on the next to entry will remove it.
- Hit “Clear” to remove all of the calls.
Whether you like to clear the whole calling list, Click “Clear” on the top of the screen. This only comes after you have clicked “Edit.” All of the calls entries in the latest tab will be removed.
Ryan Johnsonis a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Steve has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.