A device driver is a vital piece of code that permits Windows 10 to work together with the components and peripherals (such as network adapters, graphics cards, keyboards, mice, and printers). This article will show you how to install drivers in Windows 10 device.
Installing drivers in Windows 10
What are the signs that tell your drivers aren’t working correctly?
Signs that tell your drivers aren’t working correctly contain:
- Malfunctioning hardware
- System instability
- Computer errors
- Unresponsive hardware
Steps to install drivers in Windows 10
To install a drivers in your Windows 10 PC, follow these steps:
- First of all, open “Start.”
- Search for “Device Manager,” tap on the top result that shows up to open the experience.
- Then expand the category with the hardware you are looking to update.
- Select “Update Drivers” by right-clicking the device.
- After this, tap on the “Browse my computer for driver’s software” option.
- Tap on the “Browse” button.
- Now, browse and choose the main folder with the content you have extracted before.
- Place a check mark on “Include subfolder.” This is to allow the wizard to find the correct info along with the instructions to update your drivers.
- Then tap the “Next button.”
After performing all the steps as mentioned above, the newer version of the drivers will be installed on your PC for the device resolve the issues, make new and advanced facilities available, or add support for the version you are using of Windows 10.
Note: This method is usually useful when you update the drivers for older hardware or printers.
Why is the device drivers needed?
- A driver naturally communicates with the device using the computer system bus or communications subsystem to which your hardware is connected.
- The drivers usually provide the interrupt handling that is needed for any essential asynchronous time-dependent hardware interface. Drivers are used to doing this since they are hardware-dependent and operating-system-specific.
- A device driver is a file that gives your computer an ability to know the configuration and specifications of a convinced hardware device.
- Some patterns of devices that require drivers are DVD drivers, hard drivers, and PCI cards.
- With having no drivers file, your computer will fail to communicate with your device.
Hope this information will help you install drivers in your Windows 10 PC. All the best!
Ryan Johnsonis a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Steve has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.